Friday, December 2, 2022

Revisiting Alanis Morissette

 As I had discussed in a previous posting, when listening to music I "see" images of different colors and shapes.  I also tend to have physical sensations of the movements of these colors and shapes.  

With this in mind I have been revisiting Alanis Morissette's music which I had not really listened to in several years.  I hear snippets here and there but not really gone through and listened to whole songs in quite a while.  I had enjoyed hearing her music in the 90s but now that I am understanding more of what I experience it is fun to really listen and enjoy the sensations and visuals.

The one that is really in tune with my spirit is Uninvited.  The harmonies and the instruments used in the song are really producing wonderful imagery.

I find that these colors and fluid images are reflected in my artwork.

Here are a couple images of where I am at currently on the painting I have been working on.




No comments:

Post a Comment