Thursday, January 24, 2019

Restoration Project Continued

I have been working on the restoration project that I had posted about previously.  The design compliments the original panels that are throughout the house as well as adding my own touch by adding hand beveled glass with the bevels having different widths to add depth and dimension. I am finishing up the panel for the front door and will begin the sidelight windows soon.








The bottom bevels have the narrow part on the bottom with the widest part leading to the center.  The center bevels have the widest bevels and the top is opposite of the bottom so that all the widest part of the bevels lead to the center. I am using zinc came for stability just as the rest of the windows were fabricated in the 1920s.  


2 comments:

  1. Your Blogs are awesome. I'm amazed that i could find it on internet.
    Windows For Homes
    Sliding Window Replacement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and glad you found me. Please follow and let others know about my work.

      Delete