Thursday, August 9, 2018

Orchestral/Classical Music Inspires Me

I enjoy listening to orchestral music, it evokes a multitude of colors and shapes.  Images of specific colors for different instruments come to mind as I listen.  Sometimes shapes form in relation to a single instrument or to multiple instruments.  When I paint an instrument with a musician I involve both and have the colors and shapes envelope both as the emotion from the performer transfers through the instrument and music.  
My favorite composers are Beethoven and Vivaldi, and I do enjoy some works of Mozart, Bach, Rachmaninoff, as well as operas from multiple composers.  
Here are some images of some paintings that were influenced by orchestral music.


I do paint specifically to the music but I do find that the orchestral music influences a lot of my design work whether it be painting or glass.

What music inspires you? Who is your favorite composer or musician/artist?



No comments:

Post a Comment