Thursday, June 7, 2018

Glass Repair for Kitchen Cabinet

I received a call about a broken piece of glass in a kitchen cabinet and it was such that I could do the repair.  I don't talk about repair much so I thought I would share this.  I may post other repair work in the future. A corner piece was cracked so I took out the broken pieces as shown in the upper right of the top picture.  The panel was pieced together using copper foil and soldered together.  I had to remove the copper foil of the good sections of glass that joins the replacement glass and re-foil them.  I foiled the new piece and then soldered both front and back.  After completing the repair I remounted it into the cabinet frame.




1 comment:

  1. Custom glass product manufacturer. One Day Glass prides itself on the high quality craftsmen and the latest technology in order to produce the glass you need. If you have a project ranging from shower doors, tabletops, fireplace glass, or more, we have the ability to create it and ship out most orders within 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete