Saturday, April 24, 2010

Music Series- Cellist

I had created a 3 part music series in oil painting a few years ago which turned out to be quite fun.  The first of the three is titled Cellist.
 The concept was to create visually what an instrument sounded like to me, playing classical music.  The cello sounds warm, rich tones, and moves a little slow like chocolate.  The darker colors are the deeper sounds with the yellows/whites as the higher sounds.  The movement of sound flows out and around the instrument as well as the person playing because the emotion of the music comes from the musician.  As the first of this series I look at it and wince at some parts but there are some great things happening with this.  There is much improvement with the second one.  I know, I probably shouldn't be too critical, I just can't help it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment